Thursday, November 1, 2012

M+D The Wedding DECOR (It's all in the details)~The Wedding Special

When it came to our big night I wanted the decoration to be romantic, creative and whimsical.
I chose the garden in my house that I feel emotional closest to me.
In this garden my parents put a carousel for my baptism and here is where we had all of our pinatas.
Plus I love all the trees and the beautiful ocean view!

Our end of the night moment

The golden touches: Gold Napoleon chairs, gold charters, the flower vase and name table holder.

This was the flower inspiration.
I finished the color on dark red, I wanted it to have less pink, to make it less girly.
It was difficult for my florist to achieve this, so they didnt look exactly like I wanted it.
It was very frustrating!

You can see the other side of the flower arrangement.
I wanted them square to contrast with the round table
I love the "ombre" effect! So I wanted that to be part of the designing of the wedding...

The table cloths inspiration.
I love how romantic, different and beautiful it looked!

It is all in the details!
Im obsess with elephants (I have books and all about them!) and I collect figurines with the tromp up!
So when it came to the name table holder I decided to buy these gorgeous hindu gold elephants.
The name of the table were a list of books, movies and songs that we love and we even had a couple of restaurants and special moments in our relationship on the list.
I bought this awesome golden paper and my sister Cassandra did all the design of it.
All was in touches of gold, the menu was as well in golden paper, but all together it didnt look overwhelmingly gold, which is great because we didnt want that effect.

It is all in the details!
As a "Thank you" for being part of our wedding gift we gave this awesome wine decanters
(perfect for the wedding region and Diego loves wine).
My father had them engraved with: M & D  I-IX-MMXII.
We kept on the tag the initials like we had them since our engagement dinner and my latinasian is in the tomato business, so we wanted to incorporate that in the wedding; plus we love the beatles, so it made since the line.
 All again with the golden touches.

For the special table, the groom and bride's. This was the inspiration. 

And the result!
 I had a lot of problems with my florist, she didn't put the arrangement exactly on top of the table,
but it is beautiful!  The table was transparent and I bought this beautiful embroidery table cloth with candles.
On the empty transparent feel of the table we put some beautiful white flowers.
The chairs are from my father's french restaurant. I grow up sitting on this chairs, so it was very special!

During the dinner we had a saxophonist and pianist, to add to the whimsical setting.

I loved the romantic flower details!

I just loved this image and I wanted to incorporate this thru out the reception.

We put them on the trees and dancing floor.

Yes, it is all in the details!
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...